(Last Updated On: 8th March 2020)
The razor industry is known for following a particular marketing strategy where they make loss on the device but make money on the refills and cartridges. This is the reasons why we see razors costing less whereas their cartridges costing more.
While many companies like Gillette state that it can take anywhere from 5 – 10 shaves before you should swap out your razor, others sites like GroomingLounge.com state that it can be as often as 3 – 4 uses.
There’s no set time frame that dictates how often one should replace the blade of the razor because many different factors affect how long it will last. It really depends on how often you shave, how large of an area you’re shaving and how thick your hair is.
A razor blade should glide across your skin, especially when you’re going with the grain of your hair. If your razor feels like it’s pulling, that probably means it’s dull and should be replaced .
Top Hair Clippers in India
Best Women trimmers to buy in 2020 in India
The key to switching out your blade less frequently is simply taking good care of it.Make sure you rinse the blade with hot water after every use to get rid of any hairs or shaving cream in the blade. Once it’s clean, let it air dry to prevent it from rusting.
The basic fact is that razor blade dullness stems more from oxidation, rusting than from the usage. Corrosion causes the metal of the blades to rust thus making its edges blunt and jagged. This results in pulling and tugging of hair. If you ever find rust on your blade, you should replace it immediately.
If you shave daily, your blade is obviously going to wear out much more quickly due to use. However, blades that hang out for long periods of time in the shower are more likely to rust and need to be changed.
There are actually many reasons why blades must be replaced. For starters, newer blades are more likely to give cleaner shaves as oppose to duller razors. If shaving is irritating, it may be because it’s time to replace your cartridge or blade. Also, older cartridges can tend to harbor bacteria and cause bumps or possible infections.
Degraded performance prompts most people to ditch the old blade for a new one. Your best bet for your best shave is to keep track of the quality of your razor cartridge in order to ensure a healthy shave.
Top 10 Best Selling Razor Blades online in India
Bestseller No. 2
Gillette Fusion Power shaving Razor Blades - 4s Pack (Cartridge)
- 5 Blade Shaving Surface Technology…has 5 PowerGlide blades spaced closer together to help reduce pressure - with less irritation and more comfort than MACH3 and Mach3 Turbo
- The Power Glide Blades are TUT telemore coated; This reduces the cutting force, providing incredible glide and comfort
- Enhanced Indicator Lubrastrip releases lubricants over time, providing great glide; Then when you’re no longer getting an optimum shave, it fades to white, indicating it may be time to change the blade
- 1 Precision Trimmer Blade …built into the back of the cartridge; Perfect for tricky places like sideburns, under the nose, and around facial hair
- Flexible Comfort Guard contains 15 microfins, follows the contours of the face to help comfortably shave closer
Bestseller No. 3
Gillette Mach 3 Shaving Razor + 1 Shaving Blade (Cartridge)
- Gillette mach3 gives a better shave than a new 2-bladed ordinary razor even after 5 weeks
- 3 High definition imported blades for superior glide and comfort
- Comfort guard with 5 micro fins for a closer shave
- Indicator lubrication strip fades to white when you are no longer getting an optimal shave and ergonomic handle gives great control
Bestseller No. 4
Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Manual Shaving Razor Blades - 8s Pack (Cartridge)
- 3 high definition razor blades for glide and comfort
- Comfort Guard features 5 Microfins for a closer shave and Indicator Lubrication Strip fades to white when you are no longer getting an optimal shave
- Lasts 2X longer than a disposable (vs Gillette 2-bladed disposable razors, comparing average number of shaves reported by consumers in 2010-2011 national surveys)
Bestseller No. 5
Ustraa Gear 5 Shaving Razor (Handle + Blade) - Orange
- Really, Really Close Shave: Double coated blade edge gives you a close comfortable shave
- Easier to clean: We've got just three words for you - "Anti. Clog. Cartridge".
- Less Irritation, More Vitamin E Large lubrication strips with Shea Butter & Aloe Vera for reduced irritation and razor burns. Perfect for sensitive skin.
- Contoured Rubber Handle: Ergonomic design that offers just the right balance, control & stability. Getting a grip, has never been this easy.
- Precision trimmer blade: Gives you the perfect tool for shaping goatee, sideburns and those stubborn hair under the nose
Bestseller No. 6
Gillette Fusion Proglide Flex Ball Manual Shaving Razor Blades - 2 Cartridges
- The Fusion Proglide flaunts Gillette's Thinnest Blades with an advanced low resistance coating for an effortless glide cutting through hair easily
- FlexBall Technology delivers a close shave with fewer missed hairs (vs Fusion in a single stroke over the contours)
- Blade Stabilizer to help maintain blade shape and optimal razor blade spacing for comfort
- Redesigned precision trimmer with improved blades, long-hair trimmer comb and rinse through slots with Reengineered razor blades with thinner, finer edges (first 4 blades vs Fusion)
- Enables blades to pivot front to back and side to side to respond to contours of the face providing the best shave
Bestseller No. 8
Gillette Venus Razor Blades for Women - 4 Pieces
- Glide strip with aloe vera extracts and vitamin E
- Flexible pivoting head that glides smoothly along your curves
- Rounded head with three movable blades that removes even fine hair
- Easy grip rubber handle for regular use in the shower
- Removes hair without the pain and no strong chemicals
Bestseller No. 10
Bombay Shaving Company Precision Safety Razor + 10 Platinum Coated Feather Blades Combo
- Engineered to perfection with a smooth chrome finish, the Precision Safety Razor is designed the way razors were supposed to be: sharp and heavy
- Product Details: 96gm, 11.5 cm metal (Brass and Zamak Alloy)
- Includes Japanese-engineered Feather Stainless Blades that cut the hair cleanly in one stroke to deliver the closest possible shave
- Generous weight for a gravity-assisted glide and impeccable design make it effortless to use
- An aggressive clamp setting for improved cutting efficiency. A razor sheath for added protection
There is no rule for changing your blade. It is suggested that one should change the trim guide(s) once per year, and the inner blade every two years. Everyone has their own way of deciphering when it is time to change their razor blade, but the best way to tell when to change blades is to be sensitive as to when your blade starts to feel dull.In the end it all depends on how often you shave.
Philips QG3387 Multi Grooming Kit complete Review
Best trimmers that could cost you less than 2000 rupees in India
(Visited 737 times, 1 visits today)