(Last Updated On: 14th September 2020)
The razor industry is known for following a particular marketing strategy where they make loss on the device but make money on the refills and cartridges. This is the reasons why we see razors costing less whereas their cartridges costing more.
While many companies like Gillette state that it can take anywhere from 5 – 10 shaves before you should swap out your razor, others sites like GroomingLounge.com state that it can be as often as 3 – 4 uses.
There’s no set time frame that dictates how often one should replace the blade of the razor because many different factors affect how long it will last. It really depends on how often you shave, how large of an area you’re shaving and how thick your hair is.
A razor blade should glide across your skin, especially when you’re going with the grain of your hair. If your razor feels like it’s pulling, that probably means it’s dull and should be replaced .
Top Hair Clippers in India
Best Women trimmers to buy in 2020 in India
The key to switching out your blade less frequently is simply taking good care of it.Make sure you rinse the blade with hot water after every use to get rid of any hairs or shaving cream in the blade. Once it’s clean, let it air dry to prevent it from rusting.
The basic fact is that razor blade dullness stems more from oxidation, rusting than from the usage. Corrosion causes the metal of the blades to rust thus making its edges blunt and jagged.
This results in pulling and tugging of hair. If you ever find rust on your blade, you should replace it immediately.
If you shave daily, your blade is obviously going to wear out much more quickly due to use. However, blades that hang out for long periods of time in the shower are more likely to rust and need to be changed.
There are actually many reasons why blades must be replaced. For starters, newer blades are more likely to give cleaner shaves as oppose to duller razors.
If shaving is irritating, it may be because it’s time to replace your cartridge or blade. Also, older cartridges can tend to harbor bacteria and cause bumps or possible infections.
Degraded performance prompts most people to ditch the old blade for a new one. Your best bet for your best shave is to keep track of the quality of your razor cartridge in order to ensure a healthy shave.
Top 10 Best Selling Razor Blades online in India
Bestseller No. 2
Gillette Fusion Power shaving Razor Blades - 4s Pack (Cartridge)
- 5 Blade Shaving Surface Technology…has 5 PowerGlide blades spaced closer together to help reduce pressure - with less irritation and more comfort than MACH3 and Mach3 Turbo
- The Power Glide Blades are TUT telemore coated; This reduces the cutting force, providing incredible glide and comfort
- Enhanced Indicator Lubrastrip releases lubricants over time, providing great glide; Then when you’re no longer getting an optimum shave, it fades to white, indicating it may be time to change the blade
- 1 Precision Trimmer Blade …built into the back of the cartridge; Perfect for tricky places like sideburns, under the nose, and around facial hair
- Flexible Comfort Guard contains 15 microfins, follows the contours of the face to help comfortably shave closer
Bestseller No. 4
Gillette Fusion Proglide Flex Ball Manual Shaving Razor Blades - 2 Cartridges
- The Fusion Proglide flaunts Gillette's Thinnest Blades with an advanced low resistance coating for an effortless glide cutting through hair easily
- FlexBall Technology delivers a close shave with fewer missed hairs (vs Fusion in a single stroke over the contours)
- Blade Stabilizer to help maintain blade shape and optimal razor blade spacing for comfort
- Redesigned precision trimmer with improved blades, long-hair trimmer comb and rinse through slots with Reengineered razor blades with thinner, finer edges (first 4 blades vs Fusion)
- Enables blades to pivot front to back and side to side to respond to contours of the face providing the best shave
Bestseller No. 5
LetsShave Evior Women Face Razor (Pack Of 3)
- Using a face razor to remove facial hair is called "Dermaplaning" and is one of the trendiest methods today by a growing number of dermatologists.
- LetsShave Evior Face Razor is beautifully designed for removing any unwanted hair from the face (shape eyebrows, remove hair from upper lip, forehead, even peachfuzz) and bikini line.
Bestseller No. 6
Gillette Venus Hair Removal Razor for Women with Aloe Vera
- Glide strip with aloe vera extracts and vitamin E
- Flexible pivoting head that glides smoothly along your curves
- Rounded head with three movable blades that removes even fine hair
- Easy grip rubber handle for regular use in the shower. Ideal for a close and clean shave in just 1 stroke. Maximum Shelf Life: 36 Months. Lubricating Strip Present
- Removes hair without the pain and no strong chemicals.
Bestseller No. 7
Gillette Mach 3 Shaving Razor + 1 Shaving Blade (Cartridge)
- Gillette mach3 gives a better shave than a new 2-bladed ordinary razor even after 5 weeks
- 3 High definition imported blades for superior glide and comfort
- Comfort guard with 5 micro fins for a closer shave. For an incredible shave, use with MACH3 refills and Series Sensitive shave gel
- Indicator lubrication strip fades to white when you are no longer getting an optimal shave and ergonomic handle gives great control
Bestseller No. 10
Gillette Skinguard Manual Shaving Razor Blades- pack of 4 cartridges
- Revolutionary Skin guard technology that minimizes contact between the blades and your face
- Double lubrastrips that leave your skin feeling smooth after the shave
- Our sharpest blades that give you a comfortable shave while reducing tug and pull
- Blades fit all Fusion handles
- 2- Bladed razor for a perfect shave which your skin will love. Number of Cartridges: 1
There is no rule for changing your blade. It is suggested that one should change the trim guide(s) once per year, and the inner blade every two years.
Everyone has their own way of deciphering when it is time to change their razor blade, but the best way to tell when to change blades is to be sensitive as to when your blade starts to feel dull.In the end it all depends on how often you shave.
Philips QG3387 Multi Grooming Kit complete Review
Best trimmers that could cost you less than 2000 rupees in India
(Visited 857 times, 1 visits today)