Philips is a Dutch company with its headquarters in Amsterdam. Philips trimmers comes under the Philips consumer lifestyle division of the company. The first Philips shaver was introduced in 1930s and was called “The Philishave” and was very popular amongst the masses.
They have evolved with times and as of now Philips are leading manufacturers of electric trimmers and shavers for men. They produce many varieties of electric shavers and trimmers that suit everyone’s wishlist and are mainly cost effective.
Philips is known for their quality products and has service centers all over India which makes it easy to get the Philips products serviced.
The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100, S1560/81 is an electrical shaver that has three Rotary heads.This shaver has “CloseCut” heads that promise to cut more than 25% more hair in one pass than other brands of men’s shavers.
The blades built within this rotary style shaver are extremely sharp and also self-sharpening making them less likely to cause pull or tug at hair. The self-sharpening blades also increase the length of time before you need to purchase new ones for your shaver.
Its 4-direction Flex heads maneuver in 4 directions to easily shave every curve of face and neck. Philips has designed a patented “Flex and Float” system that enables each blade to independently follow the contours of your face.
Most of the units housing is plastic. Approximately 20% of it is rubber and is located around the power button which makes it easier to grip your thumb or fingers when shaving. It has a lithium ion battery which can be charged by a wall charger.
It takes eight hours to charge up the Philips Norelco shaver 2100. One full charge will get up to thirty-five minutes of shaving time. Cleaning is easy.
Simply press the button and the razor head flips up like an attached lid. Dump the collected hairs and rinse. Dry and close the razor head back in place.
There is a charging indicator on the front of the charger with a battery status light, to help you determine how far along it is.It will work for 100 to 240 voltages.
The package consists of Shaver, charging cord and protective cap.The shaver is also backed up by Philips’s two year warranty that they promise on any model of their electric shaver line.
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100, S1560/81 Review :
- It is light weight and has an ergonomically designed anti-slip handle.
- It is relatively inexpensive compared to other products offering the same features.
- Its Li-Ion battery is long lasting.
- Easy cleaning is possible by just removing the head and rinsing under tap water.
- It provides a pretty quiet operation i.e.it doesn’t make much noise.
- The blades are self-sharpening and self-lubricating.
- It will not operate while plugged in to charge and can be only used for cordless shaving.
- It is not advised to rinse the entire shaver under tap water, as it is not waterproof.
- Multiple passes are needed to get a close and thorough shave.
- Some users have reported that it causes irritation and burns to the skin.
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100, S1560/81 is suitable it you are looking for a good electric shaver but also do not want to spend too much money. Philips has kept this affordable with a plain basic casing, with not too many fancy settings, but they certainly haven’t compromised on the internal quality of the shaver.
It is able to give the closest shave from a rotary shaver when compared to other entry-level models. This shaver is among the best selling electric shavers for men online in India.