Philips is a Dutch company with it’s headquarters in Amsterdam. Philips trimmers come under the Philips consumer lifestyle division of the company. The first Philips shaver was introduced in 1930s and was called “The Philishave” and was very popular.
They have evolved with times and as of now Philips are a leading manufacturers of electric trimmers for men. They produce many varieties of electric trimmers, that suit everyone’s wishlist and are cost effective. Philips are known for their quality products and have service centres all over India which makes it easy to get the Philips products serviced.
The Philips BT1005 beard trimmer has 4 inbuilt length settings through which cutting length can be adjusted. Length settings from 1mm, 5mm to 7mm with the comb is possible, and without the comb lengths of 0,5 mm are possible.
The flexing guide comb, follows every curve of the face for getting an even trim in an easy and comfortable way. This trimmer has stainless steel blades which are sharp and long lasting and can cut through any kind of hair texture.
Skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth skin contact which further increases the speed of trimming. Pop open head makes it easy to clean with the cleaning brush. It is cordless so can be carried and used anywhere.
Up to 2 months of usage with one set of batteries is possible. Once the batteries are fully charged it can be used for duration of about 120 minutes which can be considered decent working time. The charging time of the batteries is generally 5 hours.
Power Source is Electricity and 3 V power supply is required. The batteries do not come with the product and have to be bought separately. Duracell AA rechargeable batteries are best suited for this trimmer.The company gives Philips BT1005 a worldwide warranty of 2 years.
Philips BT1005 Beard Trimmer for Men Review:
- The comb can be adjusted easily just by sliding to our required position.
- These trimmers are easy to maintain. They can be cleaned by opening the top head and cleaning the parts with a brush.
- It has non-scratching teeth which provides a comfortable trimming experience.
- Unlike other trimmers which need constant lubrication with oil, Philips 1005 needs no such lubrication as the blades move freely even when the hair is rough or thick.
- The best thing about this trimmer is that one need not always keep the entire trimmer for charging. It’s good to just put two AA batteries and get going, better than charging whole day and using.
- It also has fantastic speed and accuracy
- Additionally it produces less sound and ensures smooth running in skin.
- On the downside, the design of this trimmer however is quite dull and uninspiring.
- The trimmer also weighs more and seems bulky to use.
- It has a plasticky feel to it.
- According to few users, the hairs sometimes get caught up in the cutting blades thus resulting in pain to the users. However such cases are rare.
- Another problem with Philips BT1005 is that when you use into your armpit and setting at 0 mm you have to be careful of cutting because 0 mm is without comb and it might lead to cuts and nicks as reported by certain users.
Overall It is quite a good product compared to other products in the same price range. With a right angle of trimming and proper maintenance of the trimmer, a very good trimming experience is possible. Philips BT1005 beard trimmer is worth buying if one is not looking for ergonomics and aesthetics and is purely looking for performance.
Top 6 Best Selling Men’s Beard Trimmers online in India
ALSO READ: Most Popular Philips Beard Trimmers in India