Philips brand of personal grooming products are known for their quality products and have service centers all over India which makes it easy to get the Philips products serviced. Their Aquatouch range of shavers come with 100% water-proof feature and are very popular with the masses.
Philips Aquatouch S5050/06 Electric Shaver possesses 5-direction Flex Heads with 5 independent movements to ensure close skin contact for a fast and close shave even on neck and jaw line.
It has precision trimmer for maintaining mustache and trimming sideburns. It’s ComfortCut Blade System with rounded head profile glides smoothly across, while protecting the skin and provides a close shave without nicks and cuts.
It has Ni-MH batteries which gives above 30 minutes of running time on an eight hour charges.
The batteries are powerful as well as energy efficient. This shaver only operates in cordless mode. This shaver has an LED display panel which indicates 1-level Battery Indicator, low battery level and travel lock and other relevant information. It can be used anywhere in the world without worrying about voltages changes.
The blades are made of stainless steel and are long lasting and Philips suggests that they need to be replaced after two-years of usage.
After finishing the shave press the one touch button and the head opens. Rinse it under the tap, give it a light shake and let it air dry.
Philips provides a 2-year warranty on this product. This stylish shaver is ergonomically designed to give your hand the perfect grip and the handle features an anti-slip grip.
It has Skin protection system feature which makes sure the user does not get rashes and skin irritation after shaving. It is provided with a protective cap. Philips Aquatouch S5050/06 Electric Shaver weighs around 340 grams.
Philips Aquatouch S5050/06 Electric Shaver Review:
- It is 100% waterproof.
- Maintenance is easy
- It has great looks and is ergonomically designed.
- The LED display comes in handy as the user can know when to charge this electric shaver.
- It is very light weight and can be carried anywhere.
- If you have full beard, then you have to trim it before shaving using Philips Aquatouch S5050/06 electric Shaver.
- A first time user will have problems using this shaver as it is not user friendly.
- Dry shave is not convenient as the blades tend to hurt and cause irritation.
- It can be used only in cordless mode.
- Cannot be used while charging.
- Users have reported that its performance in comparison with other shavers in the same price range is not satisfactory.
- It is not really possible to get a clean shave and it pains a bit too.
If you are shifting to this directly from traditional razors, it will take some time to adjust. The performance is quite satisfactory. It is recommended that the customer explores some other electric shavers in this prize range.