“The messier your hair, the sharper you need to dress.” Even if you are wearing your best shirt with bad hair, be it on your face or head, it makes you look shabby. This misfortune can often come across you, but you can embrace a permanent solution called ‘Trimmer.’ Now if you are a newbie, do you then need a guide to choose right trimmer? Well, here, you go.
How to select the right Beard Trimmer for you?
Types of trimmers:
There are different types of trimmers available in the market based on your need. First, you need to know which part of the body hair you are willing to get under control.
- Hair trimmer
- Beard trimmer
Most of the trimmers which are dedicated to hair trimming solve the purpose of beard trimming too. Heads of the trimmers are designed in a way with different settings for a close trim or just shaping too. For hair the comb attached to it has a setting of 0 to 5 mm according to your choice and for beard its 0 to 10 mm.
Blades and heads of these trimmers are small but sharp. It is solely designed for using it in the internal part of the body.
Both men and women can utilize this. They are designed to be gentle but effective on the private parts of the body
What are the things you should look for?
- Is the vibration reduction system of the trimmer adequate? Vibration can quickly cause fatigue.
- Don’t opt for a small machine; get something that has a powerful machine which would do a better job.
- Trimmers which are cordless will be easier for carrying.
- Check if spare parts of the model are available in case if it needs to be replaced.
- What are the necessary equipment and attachments needed and if they’re provided with the trimmer or not?
- See if the trimmer head, blade and guard are tested and approved.
- Ergonomically designed trimmers are the best.
What are the attachments and setting you to need to check for?
While buying your trimmer, make sure you also check out these following things:
- Is it corded or cordless?
Corded trimmers need plug attachment. They cost a bit lesser than the cordless ones. Cordless ones are easy to carry.
- What type of battery it requires?
The size and power of the battery have to be known to you. Also, see if the battery is rechargeable or not. If rechargeable, it should come with a stand or adapter for charging.
- Charging time and using time
The cheap ones take a lot of time to charge and the using time is pretty less. There are models which can sustain the charge and can be used over 30 min at a stretch. Also, know about the quick recharge time that is useful, if your trimmer stops while using. Fast charge option usually lasts for 1 quick shave.
- Material of the blades
Always go for the stainless steel ones who have to plate on it. This will prevent from rusting and can repeatedly be used. The blades have to be self-sharpening if not replaceable.
- Whether it is for dry or wet use
If the trimmer is for dry use, try avoiding using it in a shower. Wet trimmers can be used both ways, during shower and also for dry purpose.
- It’s cleaning process
Cleaning brushes are given for convenience. If it’s water resistant then its best to remove the head and wash it thoroughly under water.
- Protective pouch
This is to keep your trimmer more hygienic and easy to carry.
Why trimmers are a hit?
Before you buy something, you should know why you are buying it.
- No more cuts, scratches and abrasions.
- One time investment. Usually they are for life long usage.
- Best styling tool for your beard and hair.
- It’s easy to use, so can be used at home.
- Retains the moisture of your skin. Perfect for all skin type.
Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is that trimmers shape your hair and can give a very close hair removal but the finish won’t be as clean as shaving or waxing if you are looking for a body trimmer.
Few brands to choose from:
Market research for a good brand based on product rating and customer care should be done before hand. Philips,Panasonic,Braun, Remington and Nova are some of the best brands to choose from. Be your own stylist now!